1. Lampsavers from Telectronics will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure but unless the Supplier is negligent, the Supplier will not be liable for unauthorized access to information supplied by you.
2. Lampsavers from Telectronics understands the value of privacy. We want you to enjoy your shopping experience with us in the safe knowledge that we take every precaution to ensure your privacy is maintained.
3. If you have any questions about the handling or protection of your personal detail, or your rights under this Online Agreement or if you would like to unsubscribe from marketing material then please contact Trade Counter, Telectronics Electrical Supplies, Network 331, Lysons Avenue, Ash Vale, Hampshire, GU12 5QR, England or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Personal Details
In order to fulfil any orders placed with Lampsavers from Telectronics we collect the following details:
We collect demographic and personal data:
5. Lampsavers from Telectronics does not disclose shopper information to third parties, with the exception of Protx who handle our credit card transactions and reputable distribution institutions such as the Royal Mail, Business Post, FedEx and Initial City Link who handle our order deliveries. Please rest assured that those companies and individuals who have access to any such personal information are not permitted to use this information for any other purposes and they are required to process any such data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5.1 Online Security
When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. For credit card transactions, Lampsavers adds security by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, with 128 bit encryption. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. So, when using an SSL capable browser, shopping on the Lampsavers web site is the safest kind of transaction possible with a credit card.
Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
6. Your personal details will remain private and confidential. All data collected is for our internal use only.
7. Any information you provide is only accessible by you after you have entered your Username and Password.
8. We do not sell mailing lists to other companies, or divulge any of your personal details to other companies or individuals.
9. Communication with You
9.1 Lampsavers from Telectronics have an anti-SPAM policy, we will NEVER send you any unsolicited e-mail. If you choose to subscribe to our free newsletter, you will receive one occasionally. Clear unsubscribe details are always shown on the newsletter.
9.2 We may from time to time, send you pertinent information on special offers, giveaways or special discounts should you choose to subscribe to it.
9.3 If you choose not to receive our free newsletter, we will only contact you to answer your queries and/or send you your order confirmation. We will not contact you anytime else.
9.4 We may from time to time post up surveys to measure your response to certain new additions to the website. As a rule, you are never forced to fill in these surveys. Furthermore, should you choose to fill in the surveys, you can choose to remain anonymous.
10. What about Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to provide a unique session ID as a feature which allows shopping, and to store items in your Shopping Basket between visits. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features in our store, including placing items in your Shopping Basket and purchasing them.
11.1 If you have used the “lampsavers.com” web site before for browsing or purchasing products, it is possible that we may have information about you which is being used to provide information to you regarding offers or events etc that you may find useful. We will continue to provide you with such information unless you request us not to.
11.2 If you are a new customer we will ask you whether or not you would like to receive information on future offers, events, new Products and related activities which we believe could be useful for you. We assure you that we will not inundate you with junk emails, but would like to keep you up-to- date with what’s going on at lampsavers.com
11.3 We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies but from time to time we may want to share data with other reputable companies who may have interesting offers and information for you. We agree not to send you any marketing emails or pass your details over to third parties unless you give us your permission to do so, or unless we have it already.